Mary holds a Master's in Marriage and Family Therapy from Trevecca Nazarene University and is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with the state of Tennessee. Having spent over 30 years working in the business sector, which brought her many great life and relationship experiences, she felt a strong call to pursue a counseling career. She is excited to be able to pursue her passion of helping people thrive. Believing that God's grace is actively at work in all our lives, Mary chose the name "Graceworks" for the name of her counseling practice. Mary is a practicing Christian and is trained and willing to honor wherever a client might be in their spiritual journey.
When not seeing clients, Mary can be found riding her horse Stormy on the trail, gardening, or exploring the outdoors with her husband Randy and dog Harley.
Education & Qualifications
- Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy from Trevecca Nazarene University, Nashville, Tennessee
- Bachelors of Business Administration in Information Technology from Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Completed Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Externship and Core Skills trainings based on the work of Dr. Susan Johnson
- Completed Basic Training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) provided by Deborah Kennard, MS , an EMDRIA approved trainer. An additional twelve hours of post-basic training completed.
- In training for certification for Discernment Counseling by the Doherty Relationship Institute for couples in crisis. You can find out more here.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member, Rutherford County Psychotherapy Association
Member, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Member, Tennessee Association of Marriage and Family Therapists